There are many people who suffer from chronic hair loss, which can be annoying and uncomfortable, so it is necessary to know some of the reasons behind heavy hair loss and ways to prevent it. The normal cycle of hair growth lasts for 2 to 3 years, hair grows about one centimeter every month, and it is normal for some hair to fall out every day as part of this cycle. But some people may experience excessive hair loss (more than normal), which can affect women, men and children.
Symptoms of frequent hair loss:-
For most people their hair loss is gradual, which means it occurs over a long period of time, and this is especially true of male pattern baldness.
Hair loss is considered excessive when it results in bald patches or noticeably thinning hair, and in some cases the hair can fall out suddenly due to emotional or physical trauma to your body.
Reasons for frequent hair loss:-
• You may lose a large amount of hair after about 3 or 4 months of illness or major surgery.
• Hormonal problems such as an overactive or underactive thyroid gland, or when the male or female hormones known as androgens and estrogens are out of balance.
Hair loss may stop once the hormonal imbalance is corrected.
• Three months after natural childbirth, and this is related to hormones.
• During pregnancy there are hormones that keep the body hair, but when the hormones return to their normal form, this leads to hair loss.
• Hair loss or hereditary alopecia or the so-called androgenetic alopecia
• Chemotherapy for cancer
The habit of plucking hair
• Hair loss due to menstruation
• There are some medicines that can cause hair loss, such as anticoagulants and medicines used in gout or high blood pressure, heart problems and birth control pills.
• Some infections can lead to chronic hair loss, such as fungal infections of the scalp, and are often treated using antifungal drugs.
• Hair loss may occur as part of a medical condition such as lupus or diabetes.
• Malnutrition and lack of some minerals and vitamins necessary for hair growth, such as B vitamins, iron and protein, or excessive consumption of vitamin A.
• Follow nutritional programs to lose weight
• Improper hair practices such as continuous drying and wrong combing may lead to hair loss.
Treatment of frequent hair loss:-
Hair loss treatment depends on the type of hair, and there are several appropriate treatments to treat the problem:
• Treatments to correct the body’s hormones through the use of some medications
• Treating infections that can affect the scalp, such as a fungal infection
• Some medicines may also help in treating or stopping the development of baldness, such as Minoxidil so that it is applied to the scalp and can be used by men, women and children.
Can hairstyles or treatments cause hair loss?
If you wear synthetic extension cords or use narrow hair rollers, they may cause your hair to pull out and thus cause a condition called heavy hair loss.
Hot hair treatments with oil or chemicals used in permanent materials may also cause swelling or inflammation in the hair follicles, leading to heavy hair loss.
اسباب تساقط الشعر بكثرة تعرف عليها – ويب طب (webteb.com)