In general, people prefer to do cardio exercises when they are trying to lose weight, because cardio exercises burn more calories during the same period in which resistance exercises can be practiced, but on the other hand, people prefer to do resistance exercises when they are trying to build their bodies, because resistance exercises enhance The mass is pure muscle.
Cardio exercises are defined as any exercise that can increase the heart rate to about 50% of its maximum for a specific period of time, and this indicates that the organ that benefits most from these exercises is the heart and blood vessels.
An increase in the number of heartbeats means that there is more oxygen that will reach the muscle cells, and more oxygen reaching the cells will lead to burning more calories during and after exercise, and this is what benefits these exercises for people who want to lose fat.
Cardio exercises are recommended for 30 minutes a day for 5 days a week. The most common exercises include:
“aerobics – running – walking – cycling – swimming, in addition to more special types of cardio exercises such as rowing, basketball, tennis, and football.”
Benefits of cardio exercises.
Cardio exercises have many health benefits, but it is preferable to get the body used to it gradually.
Because they are intense and exhausting exercises, here is a list of the most important of these benefits in the following:
1. Improve heart health.
The heart muscle weakens over time, which may increase the chances of developing cardiovascular diseases, but when doing regular cardio activities and exercises, this may help to speed up the heartbeat for a short period, which may contribute to strengthening the heart muscle and thus protecting it from diseases.
Cardio exercises can also help lower bad cholesterol levels in the body.
2. Reduce the risk of diabetes.
When you do regular cardio, your muscles are better able to use glucose properly, which can help keep your blood sugar levels in check at all times and prevent any fluctuations in them.
3. Maintain a healthy weight.
In the event that you want to lose excess weight or maintain the current weight, you must make sure to burn a certain amount of calories daily by doing appropriate healthy exercises , such as: cardio exercises.
Cardio exercises help burn a relatively high amount of calories to get enough energy to perform this type of exercise, which positively affects weight.
4. Improve brain health.
The brain begins to gradually lose part of its tissues after reaching the age of thirty, and it has been found that regular cardio exercises may help to resist this phenomenon and slow down the mentioned process, which may improve brain health and cognition in general.
5. Owning other benefits.
Cardio exercises for the body may have many other benefits, such as:
▪️ Improve lung health.
▪️ Resistance to some mental disorders, such as:
▪️ depression .
▪️ Improve bone density.
▪️ Improve sleep quality.
▪️ Increase self-confidence.
▪️ Strengthening the body’s immunity .
▪️ lowering blood pressure;
▪️ Chronic pain relief.
▪️ Reducing symptoms associated with asthma.
▪️ Improving metabolic processes in the body.
Resistance exercises are defined as any exercise that increases the strength and size of the muscular system in the body. These exercises benefit from the gravitational force of weights, which leads to exercise resistance to this gravity, as lifting weights such as dumbbells, barbells, etc. leads to more tightening of the muscles and making them shrink, which increases the its size.
Resistance exercises use a set of repetitions and degrees, and this varies according to the condition of the muscle, and the combination of different amounts of these factors leads to different results, as lifting heavier weights with fewer repetitions increases the net muscle mass, while lifting fewer weights and with greater repetitions leads to an increase in strength Muscle endurance, and resistance exercises include: weight lifting, yoga, push-ups, stomach exercises, pull-ups or pull-ups.
The benefits of resistance exercises.
Resistance exercises have many health benefits, let’s get to know the most important ones:
1. The number of muscle fibers begins to decrease at the age of thirty, so that approximately 25% of muscle fibers can be lost.
2. Resistance exercises reduce the loss of muscle fibers by building muscles and increasing their strength and flexibility as well.Resistance exercises build bones and protect against osteoporosis , a medical symptom that causes a loss of bone mass, especially in women, causing weakness in the bones and making them more prone to fracture.
3. Some studies have shown that resistance exercise is beneficial in lowering blood pressure in hypertensive patients.
4. Resistance exercises prevent frequent falls and muscle weakness in the elderly.
5. Resistance exercises raise the metabolic rate, which works to maintain a person’s weight within a healthy rate.
6. Older people are advised to start practicing resistance exercises even if they have not done it before, because of its great benefit in helping to walk faster, climb stairs, and increase muscle strength.
7. Increasing endurance, the body becomes stronger by practicing resistance exercises to be able to resist effort and fatigue for longer periods.
8. Prevention of diabetes, heart, joints, back pain , depression, and obesity.
9. Prevention of insomnia and sleep problems.
10. Increased self-confidence and increased efficiency in performing all daily activities.
Which Burns More Calories: Cardio or Resistance?
Cardio exercises burn more calories during exercise compared to resistance exercises, with a slight difference between 40-80 calories, and this happens after intense cardio exercise and for a longer period.
But what distinguishes resistance exercises here from cardio is that the process of burning fat continues even after the end of the exercise and for about 36 hours, and this is called the “afterburn” effect, that is, your body will continue to burn calories after exercise even if you are not doing anything, and this also achieves a benefit for this exercise that it It encourages weight loss.
Cardio and resistance exercises are complementary to each other, as one of the two types is not a substitute for the other, and it is also possible to mix them, as cardio exercises can be practiced two or three days a week, and resistance exercises are three or four days, and this will benefit from practicing the two styles. Combined exercises to lose weight and maintain body shape.
الفرق بين تمارين المقاومة وتمارين الكارديو/https://arabianbodybuilding.com
تمارين الكارديو: فوائد مذهلة لصحتك/https://www.webteb.com